The Contest 130 Plastimo compass is suitable for sailboats over 9m in length and features a large card with exceptional magnification, providing an unparalleled quality of reading by day or night. The contest 130 remains perfectly legible from a distance of 5m away.
The ‘vibration absorber’ system maintains the compass’ accuracy in all conditions at any speed and the integrated LED bulb within the bowl provides an even spread of illumination.
Plastimo compasses feature a fully waterproof diaphragm that has extreme expansion and retraction capacity. This enables it to compensate the fluctuations in fluid volume caused by the differences in temperature and atmospheric pressure. Tested in the most extreme of conditions, these compasses will not leak or develop bubbles.
The broad and sturdy bracket base can be mounted on any surface, whatever the angle, and is removable instantly.
[RWB8074] Black housing with red card
[RWB8075] White housing with red card
- Suits sailboats over 9m in length
- Bracket mount on a vertical or inclined surface
- Compass is removable
- Highly stable conical card with 127mm apparent diameter
- Graduation every 5 degrees
- Compact figures for easy reading
- Heading numerals every 30 degrees
- Heelmeter graduated ever 10 degrees
- Double reading - can be read from cockpit & cabin
- 3 lubber lines at 45° for dependable reading even when steering windward
- Global Universal Balance - can be used anywhere in the world
- Compensator included
- Vibration absorber system to keep the card stable
- Watertight one-piece moulded bowl and flange
- 12/24V LED light integrated within the bowl
- Scratch resistant dome
- All parts fully UV treated
- Operation temperatures: -30°C to +60°C
- Supplied with protective cover and drilling template
- ISO 25862 compliant
- 5 year limited warranty
Replacement protective covers available (see related products)
Also available as vertical mount without bracket (see related products)
More From This Category
From $392.50 (inc. GST)