**Please Note: PVC rubber insert shown in image is sold per metre separately.**
Gunwale boat fender trim made from either etched, polished and anodised aluminium extrusion or white UV stabilised PVC polymer. Both products will look good on any boat.
Both trim profile's come supplied in 3.65mtr lengths. The PVC rubber insert to suit both gunwale profile is sold per metre.
To calculate the amount of fendering required, simply double the boat's length and add the boat's beam (width) and then round up to the nearest full length of aluminium.
- With one end approximately 1.8m from the bow, line up the aluminium profile or PVC profile with the gunwale.
- Drill and secure with self tapping screws or rivets every 225mm to 300mm
- Pull the profile around the bow fastening as you go.
- Butt up next length of profile and fasten in the same manner.
- For tight bends it is advisable to put some wire in the corners of the internal grooves to prevent the profile collapsing and hindering the fitting of the insert.
- Although our aluminium is of bending quality the larger profiles may need pre-forming or mitering for tight bends.