Star Brite Rust Eater and Converter is chemically designed to remove rust and oxidation without harming the original metal.
- Converts rust to stable, solid form.
- Makes excellent base coat for painting metal.
- Special buffering process makes this acid product safe to use.
- Surface must be free of oil, grease, loose rust and flaking paint. Use degreaser and light sanding or wire brushing to prepare surface if these conditions are present.
- Coat surface with product by spraying, brushing or dipping. For best results, use at temperatures above 21º C.
- If surface is going to be painted, allow treated surface to dry thoroughly for 2 hours, then apply oil based, urethane or epoxy paint.
- If the treated area will not be painted afterwards, apply directly to surface and allow it to work for 1-2 minutes before rinsing treated area with fresh water.
- Towel dry surface and apply an appropriate protective oil. If sprayer is used, pump clean water through for about 1 minute before storing.