The Contest 135 Plastimo compass is suitable for sailboats over 9m in length and features a large flat card providing ideal reading when steering standing.
The ‘vibration absorber’ system maintains the compass’ accuracy in all conditions at any speed and the integrated LED bulb within the bowl provides an even spread of illumination.
Plastimo compasses feature a special diaphragm that has extreme expansion and retraction capacity. This enables it to compensate the fluctuations in fluid volume caused by the differences in temperature and atmospheric pressure. Tested in the most extreme of conditions and paired with the optional additional flush mount kit (sold separately), these compasses will not leak or develop bubbles.
Mounted flush to a flat horizontal surface.
[RWB8080] Black housing with black card
[RWB8081] Black housing with red card
[RWB8082] White housing with red card
- Suits sailboats over 9m in length
- Flush mount on a flat horizontal surface
- Flat card
- Built-in roll-down telescopic sun hood/cover
- Additional flush mount kit ensures fully watertight installation (sold separately - see related products)
- Highly stable conical card with 130mm apparent diameter
- Graduation every 5 degrees
- Compact figures for easy reading
- Heading numerals every 30 degrees
- 3 lubber lines at 45° for dependable reading even when steering windward
- Global Universal Balance
- Compensator included
- Vibration absorber system to keep the card stable
- One-piece moulded bowl and flange
- 12/24V LED light integrated within the bowl
- Scratch resistant dome
- All parts fully UV treated
- Operation temperatures: -30°C to +60°C
- Supplied with drilling template
- ISO 25862 compliant
- 5 year limited warranty
Replacement hoods available (see related products)
Also available with binnacle mount (see related products)
$426.00 (inc. GST)
More From This Category
From $392.50 (inc. GST)